Human Milk Oligosaccharides Market To Reach USD 317.8 Million By 2028 With CAGR 15.3%
NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, September 24, 2021 /EINPresswire.com/ — According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, The Human Milk Oligosaccharides market size was valued at USD 78.82 million in 2018. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.3% to reach USD 238.80 million in value by 2026. HMOs (Human Milk Oligosaccharides) are sugars present in human breast milk and are the third-most-abundant solid component (after lactose and fats). It promotes vital health benefits associated with immunity, digestion, and cognitive health. The growth of the Human Milk Oligosaccharides industry is accentuated by a variety of factors. The promising growth of the dairy industry, the growing demand for food supplements, the rising demand for infant formula, and the consciousness in health are the major factors that drive the industry.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1303
Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMOs) have recently been used as an essential components of food supplements and infant formulas. Infant formula which has been supplemented with HMOs like 2′fucosyllactose, lacto-N-neotetraose, and 2 oligosaccharides have been studied by the FDA and have been recommended as safe, well-tolerated, and supports age-appropriate growth for infants. For working mothers, and for mothers who produce breast milk deficient in HMOs, the child’s holistic development and nutritional requirements can be supplemented by using infant formulas containing these unique oligosaccharides. An infant nutrition formula – Similac, manufactured by Abbott Healthcare, contains 2’- FL as one of its major ingredients. For adults, many other uses of HMOs have been identified. For example, Glycom S/A, a Denmark based biotechnology company, manufactures Holigos IBS to fight against the conditions of irritable bowel syndrome, including abdominal pain, constipation diarrhea and bloating. The recent trend about probiotics and their benefits for gut health have been capitalized upon by many companies to market dietary supplements which contain HMO. DuPont markets its CARE4U (an HMO-based) product to consumer manufacturers who can use it in adult supplements for digestive and immune health.
Key participants in this market are Inbiose NV (Belgium), Glycom A/S (Denmark), Elicityl (France), Medolac (U.S), Zuchem (U.S), Abbott (U.S), BASF S.E (Germany), Glycosyn LLC (U.S), Dupont De Nemours Inc (U.S), Royal FrieslandCampina N.V (Netherlands), and Jennewein Biotechnologie GmbH (Germany).
Request discount on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/1303
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the Human Milk Oligosaccharides market based on
Product (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
Application (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
• Functional Food and Supplement
• Infant Formula
• Chemo-Enzymatic Synthesis
• Whole-Cell Biocatalysis
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; 2016–2026)
• North America
o The U.S.
o Rest of the Europe
• Asia Pacific
o Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of the World
o Middle East & Africa
o Latin America
Request customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/1303
Further key findings from the report suggest
• Based on type, this industry segmented into Acidic and Neutral. The Neutral segment holds the major share in market of 77.1%. The Neutral segment can serve as prebiotics to stimulate the outgrowth of beneficial intestinal bacteria, as receptor analogs to repress the binding of pathogens, and as substances that promote postnatal brain development. The addition of HMO in functional food products and beverages has benefits such as it encourages the growth of good bacteria. Due to the prebiotic functions and the antibacterial protection of HMOs, they are frequently used as a useful ingredient in products such as pharmaceutical, medicinal food, and infant formulas.
• Based on Product, the market is segment into Fucosyllactose, Sialyllactose, Lacto-N-Tetraose and Lacto-N-Neotetraose. The Fucosyllactose hold the major share in product segment due to various factors such as development of gut microbiota in infants. The gut microbiota is essential for the digestion of certain substances which cannot be broken down in the stomach, like certain milk solids. They create a low pH atmosphere in the colon due to which only ‘healthy; bacteria could thrive, and harmful bacteria and other microorganisms could be destroyed.
• Human milk oligosaccharide (HMO) not only promotes metabolic health in infants but also improves their immunity. Moreover, these types of formulae, when supported with nutraceuticals, play a vital role in brain development and memory enhancement. HMOs contains essential enzymes that are protective in action and provide greater immunity to infants, thereby reducing the number of infant deaths. Significant functions of HMO include the prevention of infection and the supply of sialic acid for brain development. Infant formulas, developed from bovine milk, contain less concentration of oligosaccharides compared to human milk.
• The Asia-Pacific region is projected to be the fastest-growing region in the upcoming years. Rising concerns regarding chronic issues, such as gut diseases, diabetes, high blood pressure, and rickets, are causative of the increase in demand for functional food and beverages, which in turn forecasted to propel the demand for HMO. China, India and Australia are the rapidly growing markets for Functional Food & Supplements and infant food. Therefore, these countries expected to drive this market in APAC in the upcoming years.
To know more about the report, visit @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/human-milk-oligosaccharides-hmo-market
Key Features of the Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO) Market Report:
• Detailed assessment and exhaustive understanding of the Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO) market
• Significant insights into manufacturing processes, major barriers, and risks
• 8-year forecast estimation to offer information about the market size and market share on the global and regional levels
• Evaluation of the key drivers, restraints, growth opportunities, threats, limitations, barriers, and other key elements
• Identification of growth prospects and potential for the Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO) industry
• Comprehensive analysis of the key market players and their strategies
Read our Blog @
Thank you for reading our report. For further information or query regarding the report or its customization, please connect with us. Our team will ensure you get a report well-suited to your needs.
Source: EIN Presswire